As Richard Hugo himself put it, “writing is hard and writers need help.” No other organization in the Pacific Northwest matches Hugo House in the breadth of how our programming serves the writing community in our region. Please give below to help us continue to be an ally to writers as we launch into 2014!
[If you'd rather donate offline, you can print off, fill out and mail in this handy form.]
Here are some examples of what your gift can do:
- $10,000 - funds the artist fees for six open-enrollment creative writing classes
- $7,500 - pays for one Word Works: Writers on Writing event, from conception to closing.
- $5,000 - pays a year’s expenses for a Hugo writer-in-residence. You not only support the work of an excellent writer, you help all the aspiring writers in the community receive advice free of charge.
- $2,500 - commissions a writer to create new work for our Literary Series. Imagine, when you donate $2,500, you summon up new work by the luminaries who anchor this series.
- $1,000 - supports one week of pay for a teaching writer at Scribes, our summer writing camp for teens.
- $500 - funds one quarter’s worth of Write Time, our weekly drop-in writing circle for teens, which serves dozens of young writers every year (and the majority of them are repeat customers).
- $250 - provides need-based class scholarships to students seeking support due to on-the-job injuries, disability, or recovery. These writers learn to creatively express their experiences.
- $100 - funds a typical one-night, free-to-the-public event in our Cabaret. Help keep our innovative events open to everyone.