If you’re thinking about joining us for an in-person class this fall, here’s what you need to know.
This fall, we’re offering our first in-person classes in over a year at our permanent home in Seattle. We can’t wait to welcome teachers and students back into our space. In order to keep students safe and healthy while taking classes at Hugo House, we’re adopting some new policies for the time being.
About vaccination status
- All Hugo House staff and teachers working onsite have been fully vaccinated.
- All students will be asked to show proof of vaccination (vaccination card or photo of vaccination card and photo ID) on the first day of class OR proof of a negative COVID test taken within the last 48 hours before each class session. This will be recorded on the class roster.
Policies for students & teachers
- Wear a mask. All staff and students in the building will be asked to wear a mask at all times. Masks should be worn so that they fully cover your nose and chin.
- Practice physical distancing. Give other students ~6 feet of spacewhen at the front desk and using the restrooms.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms. All staff and students will be asked to report COVID symptoms and their temperature upon arrival at the building.
- No food allowed, but feel free to bring your water bottle. Water bottles can be refilled at the drinking fountain, which will be cleaned daily.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms or have a positive COVID test.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to make sure that our space is safe for students and teachers.
- A maximum of two classes will be in-progress in the building at a time, and each will use a different classroom.
- Classrooms will be cleaned after each class, and the restroom area will be cleaned daily.
- Hugo House will not be open to the public during this time. The Salon will remain closed, and restrooms will not be open to the public.
While Hugo House is taking precautions and enforcing safety measures, we cannot guarantee zero risk; a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public setting. By entering the building, students and teachers accept the risk of exposure and knowingly waive and release Hugo House from any liability related to COVID-19.
If you have questions related to in-person classes and our visitor policies during this time, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.