Write Your Life for the Page and the Stage [Ann Randolph]
“As we write, we are both describing and deciding the direction that our life is taking.” —Julia Cameron
What if you had the courage to speak the story you are most afraid to tell? This is an invitation for you to claim your voice and speak your truth. You’ll learn to trust your creative impulses, embracing all of who you are. By becoming the author of your own life and learning how to tell your own story, you will not only learn to craft your experience into a compelling narrative but also unleash a sense of purpose in your own life you never thought possible. Topics include:
- Learn how to overcome resistance, anxiety and the inner critic .
- Gain confidence and trust in your creative impulses.
- Discover the joy of creating with unbridled freedom and spontaneity.
- Give voice to the various aspects of self including the ones we most try to hide.
- Learn to write with boldness, courage and vulnerability.
Through writing exercises, group discussion, and improvisation we will support one another in creating and speaking our stories. This is a workshop for those interested in personal essay, memoir, solo performance, spoken word and self discovery.
There will be a 90 minute break at 1:30 pm.