Eat Read Hugo 2021
Celebrate the power of storytelling! Join us for Eat Read Hugo, a virtual, one-hour program on Thursday, September 23, where we’ll showcase the talented voices of our teachers and students and hear from our interim executive director, Rob Arnold.
The past year has been been one of tension, disconnection, and uncertainty for many of us, but the written word binds us together, time and time again. This fundraiser supports every aspect of our literary arts programming: free classes, community outreach, youth and adult scholarship programs, and more.
Stay tuned for more information about auction packages, special guests, and details about where Raise the Paddle proceeds will go. Most importantly, admission is free to everyone! We hope you’ll join us.
Interested in event sponsorship or donating to our auction?
Contact Nicole McCarthy, acting development director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.453.1904.
Date: Thursday, September 23
Time: 6:00pm PST
This year’s event also includes a virtual auction featuring items from local organizations. Browse the auction »
How to register for the auction
- Follow the link to our auction site and click “Get Started” in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Create an account to log in and get started.
- You’ll be able to start browsing and bidding immediately.
How to bid
- Browse packages until you find one (or many) that you want to bid on.
- On each package, you can bid an exact amount or outbid someone else. You’ll receive a text or email notification when you’ve been outbid on an item.
- For Raise the Paddle, if you intend to donate through a donor-advised fund or check, please contact Nicole McCarthy at email@example.com before the end of the auction
How to join the live event
- Visit our virtual event page and click “Register for Program” in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Enter your email address and click “Join Event” to set up your user profile. You’ll receive a confirmation email as well as a reminder on the day of the program.
- Tune in at 6pm PT on Thursday, September 23.