Thanks for your interest in teaching at Hugo House. Our teachers are contracted for individual classes; we do not have faculty. We have a strong pool of teachers, and we are always interested in finding the best creative-writing instructors in the Seattle area. To apply to teach at the House, please familiarize yourself with our class offerings. Then submit the following:
- 1-2 page CV
- a 1 page statement of your teaching philosophy and how you'll apply it at Hugo House
- two sample course descriptions (no more than a page each) modelled after our class lists.
Please send materials in a single Word or PDF document via email to email@example.com. Once you have submitted your application, you should hear back from us within six weeks.
- Multi-week classes may be scheduled Monday-Thursdays in the evenings and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- One-day classes are generally four hours and meet on Saturday afternoons from 1-5 p.m. We occasionally run longer one-day workshops on Sundays or two-day seminars, depending on space availability. If you would like to propose this type of class, please provide dates and times you would like to teach.
- All classes are held at Hugo House (unless off-site resources are an integral class component.)
- Generally, class limits are set at a maximum of 15 and a minimum of 5. If fewer than five students register for a class, it will be cancelled.
- Pay rate for multi-week classes is $9.50 per teaching hour, per student. For one day classes, it's $9.10 per teaching hour, per student.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.