Hugo House is dedicated to creating a safe space for all to participate in our in-person classes and events. Below is our policies for adult programs.
We are continuing to track local, state, and federal health recommendations and guidelines as circumstances change and evolve. We will notify registrants of any updates to Hugo House’s COVID-19 safety policy prior to the event.
Policy for Adult Classes & Events
In order to keep everyone safe and healthy while participating in programs at Hugo House, we will require face masks and proof of vaccination or a negative test for attendance of all in-person classes or events at Hugo House through May 31, 2022. Please see below for more details.
About proof of vaccination or negative tests
- All Hugo House staff, teachers, and artists working on site have been fully vaccinated.
- All students or attendees will be asked to show proof of full vaccination (vaccination card or photo of vaccination card) before the first day of class/upon entry to the event OR proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours before each class session/upon entry to the event. For classes, this information will be recorded on the class roster.
- “Fully vaccinated” means at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Policies for in-person events & classes
- Everyone in the building (including staff, instructors, artists, students, and attendees) will be asked to wear a mask at all times. Masks should be worn so that they fully cover your nose and chin. The CDC currently recommends N95 masks as the most effective against the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice physical distancing. Give other people on-site ~6 feet of space when possible, at the front desk and using the restrooms.
- For classes, no food is allowed, but feel free to bring your water bottle. Water bottles can be refilled at the drinking fountain.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms or have a positive COVID test.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to make sure that our space is safe for students and teachers.
- We will minimize the number of classes taking place at the same time.
- Classrooms will be provided with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Hugo House will not be open to the public during this time. The Salon will remain closed, and restrooms will not be open to the public.
- We are focused on safely executing our Youth Education classes for all students and staff in compliance with the Department of Health Guidelines for Youth Development Programs. For more information, please visit Scribes Summer Camp page for more information.
While Hugo House is taking precautions and enforcing safety measures, we cannot guarantee zero risk; a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public setting. By entering the building, students and teachers accept the risk of exposure and knowingly waive and release Hugo House from any liability related to COVID-19.
If you have questions related to in-person classes and our visitor policies during this time, contact us at email@example.com.