Cephalopod Appreciation Society
Get ready to appreciate the octopus, squid, chambered nautilus, and cuttlefish through poetry, music, film, science, art, and more. Free, all ages, stickers.
Whether you are a long-time fan and CAS member or just curious to learn more about these incredible, intelligent creatures, we hope you will come celebrate them with us!
Check out this all-star line-up of presenters:
* Ilvs Strauss “octopus walks into a bar—anthropomorphic projections in 3 part harmony”
* Biologist Stephanie Crofts – Fun Facts & Cephalopod Basics
* Geology Writer David B. Williams – Ammonites About Town: Getting up close and personal with 155-million-year-old cephalopods
* Zoologist Hariana Chilstrom – Giant Pacific Octopus Sex Ed Talk
* Renowned cellist Lori Goldston & drummer Dan Sasaki performing live accompaniment to cephalopod films
* YA novelist and musician Kevin Emerson performing an original cephalopod tune
* Singer-songwriter Levi Fuller performing Marianne Moore’s poem “The Paper Nautilus” as song
* Return of the Sea-Shantacular Sing-a-long with Betsey Brock, Rachel Kessler, & Friends
* Footage from Seattle’s own marine cinematographer, diver Laura James
* Cepha-la-pod animation short by the Kessler-Seiweraths
* by artist Britta Johnson