At Hugo House, we believe in the power of the written word to inspire change. As a pillar in Seattle’s literary community for over 25 years, we’re also deeply committed to empowering individuals and organizations, both locally and nationally, to share the written word and to tell their own stories. One of the ways we do this is through our Partnership Program.
A keystone to Hugo House’s Partnerships are classes, events, and other programs developed in collaboration with individuals, groups, and organizations from our community, and then produced in Hugo House’s space or elsewhere.
Programming Partnerships could look like:
- Classes, workshops, and events taught by seasoned instructors to meet the needs of a specific community (e.g., writing for non-writers, writing for civic engagement, writing about nature; writing for non-English speakers)
- Individualized community projects such as documenting oral narratives, podcast, editing or publishing an anthology, or offering teaching opportunities
- Logistical, development, and design support for the production of a book or other form of printed material
- Interorganizational professional development opportunities, such as workshops, courses, and teacher trainings on subjects including pedagogy; diversity, equity, and inclusion; grant writing; marketing; self-publishing, how to submit; and the writing life
- Youth-centered programming, including a youth writing festival, field trip, a series of workshops, a reading or writing event for youth at Hugo House or off-site, or a collaborative summer program
Interested in a programming partnership? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Hugo House’s space (including the 150-seat, 1,800 sq. ft. theater space) offers so many opportunities for community events, meetings, and more. Facility partnerships offer the opportunity for our space to be active with mission-aligned events and programs from our community while we’re not using it for internal programs.
Facility Partnerships could look like:
- Theater space, stage, and classrooms for hosting events, lectures, readings, conferences, festivals, or community showcases
- An event or series of events, including, but not limited to, readings, talks, lectures, panels, or multimodal presentations
- Opportunity for community partners to moderate or host visiting writers or speakers
- In-kind Hugo House staff time to host events, including managing guests, tending the bar, checking tickets, and running A/V
- Free or discounted furniture rental
- Book and magazine donations
Interested in a facility partnership? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hugo House is investing in being part of our thriving literary arts community, and because of that, promoting what’s happening within that community is integral to our Partnership Program. We want to tell our audience about what you’re doing!
Promotional Partnerships could look like:
- Free promotion of your event or opportunity through email newsletters and social media channels
- Access to physical community bulletin board on-site at Hugo House
- Spotlight on our blog for forthcoming publication or news
- Free, discounted, or reciprocal tickets for Hugo House events, classes, or workshops
- Co-sponsor for conference, event, book festival, or more
Interested in a promotional partnership? Reach out to us at email@example.com.