(Virtual) Publishing Intensive
This daylong intensive event provides a comprehensive overview of the publishing business and opportunities for writers of adult fiction, memoir, and young adult fiction. Participants will have the opportunity to practice their elevator pitches in small groups (come prepared with a 1–2 paragraph long pitch for your book). There will be a lunch break from 12–1 pm PDT. This event will take place via Zoom.
If the cost is prohibitive, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.322.7030 for a limited number of reduced-price tickets.
- Lisa Lucas, senior vice president at Penguin Random House
- Ayesha Pande, literary agent with over 20 years experience (authors include Ibram X. Kendi, Danielle Evans, Lisa Ko, Patricia Engel)
- Annie Hwang, literary agent and former journalist
- Sarah Eagle Heart, an Emmy-winning social Justice storyteller, activist, and author
- Natalie Baszile, author of the novel Queen Sugar (adapted into the TV series of the same name, now in its 5th season), and We Are Each Other’s Harvest: Celebrating African American Farmers, Land, and Legacy, released in March, 2021 by Amistad, an imprint of HarperCollins
You’ll also hear from Rob Arnold, interim Executive Director of Hugo House (a former literary agent himself), and facilitators Tara Conklin, Karen Finneyfrock, Peter Mountford, and Theo Nestor.